HomepageMain content starts here, tab to start navigating
Takeout service available. See "Menus" below. Updated daily.
Recipes from Chef Frank
Broccoli au Gratin
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
½ cup finely diced yellow onion
1 bay leaf
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
1 pinch ground white pepper
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
1 ½ cup milk
½ cup cream
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
3 Tablespoons all-purpose white flour
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
6 Tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
8 cups blanched broccoli florets (about 10 cups raw)
½ cup finely ground plain French bread crumbs
6 Tablespoons finely ground Parmesan cheese
1 ½ teaspoons Spanish paprika
4 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) Make the sauce: Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until the onions are soft and clear.
3) Reduce heat to low. Add the salt, white pepper, cayenne, and bay leaf. Cook for 10 seconds.
4) Add the milk and cream and bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Make a roux: In a small skillet, melt 3 Tablespoons of butter. Gradually whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the roux to the boiling milk/cream mixture. Reduce heat to low and cook for 3-4 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat.
6) Add the Cheddar cheese and 6 Tablespoons of Parmesan. Whisk until the cheese melts into the sauce. Remove the bay leaf.
7) In a mixing bowl, add the blanched broccoli florets and the cheese sauce. Stir to coat the broccoli with the sauce. Place the broccoli into a casserole or shallow baking dish.
8) Make the gratin topping: In a small mixing bowl, add the bread crumbs, 6 Tablespoons Parmesan, the paprika, and melted butter. Stir until well blended.
9) Sprinkle the top of the broccoli/cheese sauce mixture with the gratin topping. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes until piping hot. Serve immediately.
Order Take-Out to enjoy Brigtsen’s cuisine in the comfort of your home!
Call us now to place your order.